1. INFORMATION ON HOW COOKIES WILL BE USED
The data controller is AIM Italy Srl, with registered offices in Milan, Via G. Ripamonti 129, VAT number 00943621003 (hereinafter “AIM”).
AIM uses several categories of cookies that perform different functions. The information obtained helps AIM deliver a better website experience. By using cookies, Aim is able to collect personal information either for the needs of users (event registration) or for market research and statistical studies, also regarding the user experience on all AIM Group’s platforms. In the first case, the data is used to handle specific requests or to perform contractual obligations. Refusal to enable these cookies will make it impossible to deliver the requested services. For market research and statistical studies the provision of data is optional and refusal will hinder the user’s ability to be included in the activities mentioned above.Data will be processed informatically using instruments that guarantee security and confidentiality. The information collected may be disclosed to AIM Group, to third parties that perform specific tasks on behalf of AIM or the AIM Group companies for reasons such as tax compliance, information management systems, management of contractual obligations, etc. and to authorities for legal obligations.
At any time the user can exercise their right of access, correct, integrate, cancel and oppose the processing of data, in accordance with article 7 of the Privacy Code, by sending a written notice to the offices of the specific website or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small text files that a web server places on a visitor’s browser where they are stored before being re-transmitted back to the same sites on your next visit.
Cookies are used for different purposes: execution of authentication information, monitoring sessions, storing specific configurations of information about users who access the server, storage preferences, profiling, etc.
For more information about cookies and their general functions, visit an informative website such as www.allaboutcookies.org. For more information on the Italian legislation regarding cookies visit www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie
3. TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be distinguished according to their purpose (technical vs. profiling) or according to their domain of origin (first-party cookies vs. third-party cookies).
- Technical Cookie. Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of certain information on an electronic communications network or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information service to give services requested explicitly by the subscriber or user. Cookies can be divided into browsing or session guaranteeing normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, a purchase or authentication for access to restricted areas). Analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies, help website owners measure how users interact with content, together with the number of users and how they visit the website. Functionality cookies remember choices made by the user (such as language preference, products selected for purchase) and help to improve service. This type of cookie does not require prior consent from the user.
- Profiling Cookies. Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and offer content in line with the users’ interests or send messages / targeted advertisements. To install this type of cookie a prior consent from the user is required.
- First Party Cookies. First-party cookies are placed on a user’s computer by the website visited.
- Third Party Cookies. Third-party cookies are placed on a user’s computer by a website other than the one that the user is visiting.
4. HOW COOKIES ARE USED
- Navigational Cookies. Cookies are required to allow navigation of the website, to improve the performance and for the use of certain products and services such as access to restricted areas.
- Statistical or Analytics Cookies. These cookies are used to track the performance of the website, for example, to know the number of pages visited or the number of users who viewed a particular section. The analysis of these cookies generates anonymous and aggregated statistics. They are useful for possible amendments and improvements to the website.
- Social Network Cookies. These cookies allow the user to share with others the contents of the website visited or to make comments.
5. FIRST PARTY COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE
The website uses First Party technical cookies to allow navigation for the user.
6. THIRD PARTY COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE
The website uses certain services that install third-party cookies on the user’s computer. Theses cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the third party manager. To give or refuse consent (where required) it is necessary to access the third party’s website or the website www.youronlinechoices.com/it to get information on how to delete and/or manage cookies according to the browser used and to manage preferences about profiling third party cookies.
If the user does not wish to receive third-party cookies they can, through the links listed below, access information and the forms to manage them.
- Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization and marketing purposes. The information stored does not contain the identity of the user. This website uses IP masking which uses only the geolocational part of an IP address.
Type of cookie: Technical / analytics
For more information: www.google.com/intl/it_ALL/analytics/learn/privacy.html
To disable Google Analytics, run “Opt-out”: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it
7. COOKIES E BROWSER
The operating modes and options to limit or block cookies can be managed by changing the settings on the user’s Internet browser. Many Internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically but the user can change these settings to block cookies or to be alerted whenever cookies are sent to their device. There are several ways to manage cookies. Please refer to the instruction manual or the help screen of your browser to learn how to adjust or change the settings. The user can change the default configuration and disable cookies (i.e. block them permanently) by setting the security level higher.
Here below are links to manage cookies in the following browsers:
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11913
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it-IT&hlrm=fr&hlrm=en
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/it-IT/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
If the user utilizes different devices to access this website such as smartphone or tablet the user must ensure that every browser on each device is adjusted to reflect their preferences for cookies. To remove cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone / tablet refer to the manual of the device.